Monday, October 10, 2011

Fire Safety Week

To kick off fire safety week my children walked into the classroom, only to find..... our dollhouse on fire!!!
My fire could have probably been a little better, but I had a morning conference and was a little rushed!  The kids still loved it :)  Using the dollhouse people, all the kids practiced a fire safety plan.  We discussed the best route to get out, having a meeting place with your family, then calling 911.  Luckily when we were finished, a little fire truck wheeled in and put the fire out! Phew!!
Later that morning we made a yummy fire truck snack.
Anything with icing is always a hit in my class! We will continue to do some other cute lessons throughout the week on fire safety, but this sure got them excited!!
p.s. I didn't have time this weekend to get together a little giveaway, but no worries! One is on the way soon!

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through our lil giveaway on Kinderglynn-sooo cute! I'm a follower now!
    Christie :)
    First Grade Fever

    ReplyDelete