Thursday, October 20, 2011

Red Ribbon Week and Pumpkin Decorating Contest!

There are so many exciting events coming up at our school..and they are all turning into a competition!! Ahh that makes me nervous!! Next week is Red Ribbon week.  Our school does something different everyday..Walk Away From Drugs (kids wear their favorite shoes and crazy socks), Put A Cap on Drugs (wear a cap to school), Hugs Not Drugs (bring your favorite stuffed animal to school), etc.  Well...we also have a 'decorate your door' contest.  I was walking out of school today, only to see this door..
How can I possibly beat the cuteness of this door? I Love it!! I am taking suggestions :)
We also have our annual storybook pumpkin contest coming up. This morning my class decorated our pumpkin.  They worked so hard together, I was so proud of them! We had a painting station, hand tracing/cutting station, decorating letter station, even some students punching holes...they pretty much did the entire thing!! And look at how our pumpkin turned out...


 Can you guess what book we did?? 
I am excited to see what all the other classes came up with this year! I am sure they are amazing!!

1 comment: