Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Common Core is getting HOT, HOT, HOT!!

Are you ready to get HOT, HOT, HOT with Common Core this year?! I certainly am!! ;)

School is approaching and most of us are beginning (or continuing) Common Core in our classrooms. This pack is a wonderful way to have FUN with your students all while assessing them, reviewing skills, and making sure you cover all areas of the Math Common Core!
You may be wondering what exactly a 'Hot Seat' is.  Hot Seats are questions that are stuck underneath your students' chairs with a small piece of tape before they get to class. This is not done everyday...it is totally random, which makes it SO much more exciting! When students take their seats, you can choose your time to announce that there are 'hot seats'. Students will check under their seats and if they have a question...uh oh! They will have to show you how much they know by attempting to answer the question. If they don't know the answer they can grab a lifeline (a friend) to help them out!
There are 8 questions for EVERY kindergarten math Common Core standard. This gives you plenty of variety and plenty of questions to use ALL year long!! The students will have a blast!! They will be so excited and even start checking under their seats before you make an announcement! Who doesn't want their students to be excited about learning?!
Click on the picture below to check out the Hot Seat packet on TPT. 
I
It is FREEBIE Friday!!! So grab a FREE page of the Common Core HOT Seat to use with your students by downloading the PREVIEW!! Click on the image below

If you teach another grade other than Kindergarten, don't worry! I have first grade and second grade on my to-do list and will get them done as soon as I can. Teach an upper grade? No need to worry either!! Fifth grade was created by  Little Lovely Leaders, and she will make fourth and third as soon as she has the time :) Click on the picture below (or send your 5th grade teacher friends) to grab you FREEBIE for fifth grade Hot Seats!
Can't wait to hear what you think!!! :)

18 comments:

  1. Your hot seats look awesome!!! I am loving all of the clip art!

    Bridget
    Little Lovely Leaders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! Can't wait for 1st grade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! My students would love this! I am also looking forward to 1st grade. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE,LOVE,LOVE these!
    Thanks for sharing
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am IN LOVE. I was thinking I could do this for the Star Student on Monday... as a fun way to announce who it is... and it can start the learning process as well.
    Thanks for the GREAT idea!
    Mary
    Sharing Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an original idea! Can't wait for first grade!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea. I'm so happy to see so much available to help with teaching Common Core!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So awesome! I can't wait for the first grade!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am printing it right now and they look fantastic! What a great idea and so much fun! I am also going to use one per day for the "Helper of the Day" Any thoughts about a ELA "Hot Seat" packet? That would be a big job, but I would buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look great! I'm planning on purchasing them & using them during transition times and as fillers when we have an extra few minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will start working on ELA Hot Seats as soon as I am done with first grade math :) I also thought these would be great for down time, during calendar math, or you can even split the class and half and play a game with them. They will be lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO MUCH FUN!! I just added them to my cart :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute! I just bought it for my class this year. I can't wait to use it!
    What a wonderful packet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh yay Robyn!! You will have to come back and let me know how your kids are liking it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great questions, such fun, can't wait to to use them with my class!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found this while surfing pinterest and am SO excited. Thank you! I will be a first year teach in 1st grade. Do you have a HOT SEAT for this grade yet?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for your Hot Seat Questions. I hope you had a chance to get the Third Grade done during the summer. Looking forward to using them. Waiting for your reply.

    ReplyDelete