Monday, March 18, 2013

Weather

I am almost officially ready for SPRING BREAK!! Well, I am ready....but, I am almost all prepped for my 3 week weather unit when I return from spring break :) It is nice knowing that I am all ready and will have no worries over break! Here are some of the activities in my weather unit...
 My students will be working on their reading skills by unscrambling sentences. They love this center!
It's Raining Cats and Dogs! This one-to-one correspondence activity is wonderful for some of my low ones and also great independent practice for my other students. I love when they can work independently and don't have any questions!
'Sum'where Over the Rainbow has my favorite activity name--thanks to my Facebook Followers for naming this one!! :) Some of my students are still counting the 'cube train' even though we continue to discuss that it has 10 cubes. I am hoping this activity will help that!
 Reading Rainbows is another great independent center for this time of the year. Students will match the CVC word with the CVC picture.
All of the above activities can be found in my new weather unit. There are 10 literacy centers, 8 math centers, lots of writing, and tons more!! ;)
We wrapped up on America Unit last week and I snapped a couple more pictures...
 Writing the Room is always my students favorite! They notice the cards around the room the second I open the door to say good morning!
My class is still working on digraphs. I feel like I have taught this so much, that they should be experts by now...but I still have a group that is having some difficulties with th, ch, and sh. So we will practice on! ;)
I hope if you are on spring beak now that you are enjoying every second of it!! I know I can't wait for that bell to ring on Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Your weather unit looks amazing (as usual). I love the title Sum Where Over the Rainbow. . . too, too cute. Our Spring break is next week too, I'm counting down the days. Have a great break.

    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you already know that I am obsessed with EVERYTHING you make, but I am seriously excited about this unit. Weather is so much fun to teach and I will be starting soon. I am in need of some fabby fab centers to go with it. I should have known I could go straight to you! Thanks so much for creating it and sharing :) I literally cannot wait for spring break either! One more week for me too! We can do it, we can do it!! Thanks girl!

    Hugs,
    Khrys
    Keepinitkoolinkinderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some adorable centers... your kiddos must really miss your classroom over spring break!

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY Caitlin! I just love your stuff so much! It is great and totally my style - I know I have told you numerous times on pinterest, but it always feels good to hear nice things :)! Anyways, just read your post and saw that some of your kids are still having difficulties with digraphs. I incorporate the Phonics Dance and it is magical (we sing/dance the digraphs and hunks and chunks)!!! I am not kidding, if you want any more details I would be happy to share!

    I am new at having my own blog (finally), so I would be so thrilled if you would follow me :)!
    Kathleen
    k-3kathleen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOOOOOOVE the weather unit!! I am so bummed we already finished up our weather unit and we are moving onto insects after break!

    Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful, relaxing break!!

    Please visit my blog! I just posted classroom organization pics, how we track our progress in K and notebooking =) Thanks!!!

    http://keepingupkindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete