Friday, May 16, 2014

An Easy and Cute Parent Gift

We made these cute little cards for Mother's Day, but I never had a chance to blog and share the idea!!  However, I figured that they are also the perfect project for parent appreciation!!
 If you need a quick and cute gift to give your room mom, volunteers, math superstar helper, etc. this is the perfect idea!
I made two columns in Microsoft Word, entered down a little more than half way, and typed in 'A note from...'  I spaced down a little farther and wrote 'Angelica's Mom'.  I continued to do this for each student in my class.  Then, I printed them out and had each student draw a little picture in between the words.
Then, I let each student choose 4 different colors of card stock (this would give each mom 8 cards).
I copied each page onto the card stock, cut them apart, folded them, and voila!
Little note cards for each mom!
I printed out 'Happy Mother's Day' tags and added the cards into clear treat bags.
I love how they turned out and they were SUPER easy!!!

11 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this idea!! Did the pencil show up that dark on cardstock or did they have to go over it in marker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great and inexpensive but very thoughtful gift! I love gifts that people can use! Thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, you are killing me this is soooooooo cute! I love it as a teacher AND a parent! I have two thank you gifts to give to my room moms, and I think this is going to be it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute, thanks for sharing this wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am soooo doing that next year!!
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! My name is Rachel, and I am brand new to the teacher blogging world! I just graduated from college, and am starting my first full time teaching position in a few days. If you have any tips or advice for a new blogger, please let me know. Also, feel free to check out my blog and let me know what you think! Thanks everyone!!!! :)

    -Rachel
    Teaching, Coffee, and Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember doing this years ago and my mom's loved it.
    Don't know why I stopped by I think I will do it again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. I used regular weight colored paper and added the matching envelopes (from Staples...they have matching) ...

    ReplyDelete